Welcome to the
Wanakena General Store
We are your source for groceries, goods and gifts
whether you are a year-round or seasonal resident,
a visitor or just stopping by before
heading into the Five Ponds Wilderness Area.
And when you're not in Wanakena,
you can access many of those items
right here from our website!
In Store Products
- Beverages - Milk, Juice, Soda, Water and Hot Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate from our Kuerig Brewer
- Candy & Snacks - Candy Bars, Gum, Theatre Box Candies, Nuts, Chips, Jerky, Trail Mix
- Beer & Wine Coolers - Labatt's, Coors, Budweiser, Miller, Corona, Sam Adams, Guiness, Heiniken, Saranac, Lake Placid
- Groceries - Fresh Produce, Eggs, Cheese, Cereal, Pasta, Canned Goods, Cookies, Pancake Mix, Syrup, Sausage, Lunch Meat, Bacon
- Specialty Foods - Specialty Cheeses & Cheese Spreads, Cheese Curds, Ravioli, Venison & Buffalo Sausage
- Dry Goods & Cleaning Supplies - Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Paper Plates, Dish Soap, Laundry Detergent, and more.
- Books & Maps - Local History, Adirondack Themes, Field Guides, Journals, Kids Books, Cookbooks, Paddling & Trail Maps, Topo Maps
- Camping Gear - Headnets, Matches & Firestarters, Compasses, Headlamps, Bug Repellant and the Item You Left Behind
- Fishing & Hunting Supplies - Extensive Fly Fishing Fly Collection, Lures & Artificial Bait, Hooks, Rod/Reels, Knives, Gun Cleaning Kits, Deer Lures
- Gifts - Balsam Pillows, Puzzles, Scented Candles, Nature-themed Earrings, Incense
- Souvenirs - T-shirts & Sweatshirts, Hats, Greeting Cards, Mugs
2014 Summer Arts Series Events
(All events take place in Wanakena unless otherwise noted)
A richly eclectic group drawing from traditional and contemporary styles and a good sense of the humor and irony of everyday life.
Our third season with this delightful local orchestra that’s not at all stuffy. “Night on the River” is the theme this summer.
Kokolo mixes “afropop” with soul, funk, reggae and most of all an amazing, contagious impulse to dance.
Wednesday, July 23 at 7:30 PM at Clifton-Fine Central School, Star Lake - Tarzan, The Musical
Drawn from the story by Edgar Rice Burroughs (1912) and Disney film (1999), songs by Phil Collins and performed by Adirondack Lakes Center for the Arts.
Monday, July 28 at 2:00 PM - As You Like It
Our fourth season of Shakespeare, this time another of his inimitable comedies featuring the small, versible touring group of Adirondack Lakes Center for the Arts.
Introducing a very popular band from western New York that brings deep bluegrass and country traditions together with contemporary indie rock.
Four women with amazing voices and instruments who feature traditional American and Irish songs together with their own originals. Hannah Sanders from England opens the show.
* Some of these events were made possible, in part, by public funds through the NYS Council on the Arts Decentralization Program, administered in Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence County by the St. Lawrence County Arts Council.
♦ These concerts were part of the application for funding through the Decentralization Program of the New York State Council on the Arts, administered through the St. Lawrence County Arts Coucil.